The Wolf Hound and the Raven – a new novel by Liv Design's Scott Johnson

Writing and illustrating my own book is something that I've always wanted to do. I've always written since I was young. I write lots of articles for websites and blogs, plus I've written about design and branding for magazines and newspapers (and been a guest on Radio Nottingham twice), but this is the first opportunity I've had to write a full novel.

Having a day job as a Creative Director and Freelancer doesn't leave much spare time during the week, so it's taken a couple of years to complete the project. What I wanted to do was make sure that this was done properly and not rushed. I'm really happy with the end result. 'The Wolf Hound and the Raven' has a had a couple of test reads and the book received the thumbs up!

I think if you're a creative person, you're naturally full of ideas. Whether you capture those ideas in words or as images, it's really just a choice of your medium. I've been a designer for 20 years, so I decided it was time to put some ideas into words rather than graphics!

Here's the synopsis:

While out walking his dog one evening during a terrible storm, Robert Harris finds a half-drowned figure lying at the edge of the sea. The strangely dressed man has no recollection of who he is, or how he came to be there.

When Robert’s ward, Mary, takes him to the nearby town, it soon becomes clear that others know of the man’s identity and they will stop at nothing to get to him. 

As the details of the man’s past are slowly discovered, he becomes embroiled in a battle of politics and power as the search for his identity leads him, and those willing to help, on a fast-paced and dangerous journey across Victorian England. 

When the truth about the man’s past is finally unearthed, the shocking discovery has far wider reaching consequences.

'The Wolf Hound and the Raven' is a fictional novel, set in Victorian England, with elements of romance, mystery, adventure and fantasy. I think it will appeal to a wide range of readers.

It's available exclusively from Amazon, in both printed and Kindle versions. You can use the Kindle app to read on other media such as tablets, PCs and Apple computers.

'The Wolf Hound and the Raven' is out now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Nissan Cube – thinking outside the box

The new horror novel 'Forest of Amber' by Scott Johnson

Lenovo's new racy Ducati laptop